my capacity for self-destruction

Examining an over-examined life

Monday, February 20, 2006

Mind over matter, ass over tea kettle

You can't write this stuff.
Not three minutes after my previous post about my lack of motivation I got my butt up and went downstairs to collect my much neglected running togs.
I had listened to The Darkness song "I believe in a thing called love" and was grooving appropriately. I was feeling good about defeating my impulse to not move at all so I was doing a little hoppy skippy thing down the stairs.
Five steps into my journey I tripped and all 235 pounds of me plummeted down the stairs.
Normal people don't do this.
If something like this has ever happened to you, you know that it feels as though about three hours elapses between the time you trip to the time you finally end up in a puddle at the bottom of the stairs.
I had time to think these thoughts.
"oh crap."
"I am falling"
"I am an idiot"
"Maybe I can catch myself"
"nope"
"Ow"
"I hope I don't break the drywall"
"Ow"
"Oh, Good, I am almost to the bottom"
"I can't possibly write about this, no one will believe it"
"I hope the kittens aren't at the bottom of the stairs"
"Oh, I seem to have stopped"
"Ow"
"Do I still have all my teeth?"
"Yes, Good."
"Oh, Hi Kittens"

I then sat at the bottom of the stairs a little spinny, two cats on various parts of me purring for about ten minutes.

I stood up.
swore.
walked up stairs slowly (without gym bag).
I sat down to write this post.
my ass hurt so I stood up and called She of the Stolen Bike and whined.
Then I went to the comic book shop and the library.

At lunch with my parents I betrayed my misadventure (it was pretty obvious 'cause I am walking like I have a pant load)they laughed.
hell, I am shameless.

now my tofu is burning (not a euphemism)
I will try not to tumble on the way to the kitchen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home